NLB has a large selection of talking books for children, adolescents and adults. You can borrow books in every genre, from crime and serial novels to contemporary literature, biographies and science fiction. We also have a rich selection of talking books in English.
We produce most of the talking books in our own studios. In addition, we purchase audio books from commercial producers..
This is what users say about our talking books:
- My son is completely engrossed in the talking books. It’s wonderful for a dyslexic to experience how the fascinating world of books becomes accessible. (Father of 10 year old boy with dyslexia)
- Thank you! I would not have managed my study programme without your talking books. (23 year old Student with ADHD)
- New titles books = just like Christmas Eve! (Girl 14 with print disability)
- David was over the moon when he received his first talking books today. We are absolutely delighted! (Mother of 7 year old boy with ADHD)
- I’m very happy that you exist– it makes studying much easier. Thank you! (Law student aged 28, blind)
- The talking books brighten up my day. They are great companions and I also keep myself up to date. (Woman aged 76, partially sighted)
- The selection is marvellous! I listen to exciting, funny, entertaining and instructive books … (Man aged 59, visually impaired after a stroke)
- Reading books was the worst thing I knew. My teacher said that I should borrow talking books from NLB. Now I read fluently using my ears – and enjoy it. (Girl aged 17 with dyslexia).